well little about me
I was born in Wirksworth Derbyshire and was bought up in the West End of Derby, where co-incidentally I now live which I love, and lived there til I was 14 years of age when we moved up to Mackworth on outskirts of Derby, there I stayed until I was 18 and actually bought my first house. Anyway I went to first St Marys RC Primary School (now demolished) and then onto St Ralph Sherwin RC School until I was 16 where I then left and went into the world to seek work. It was the time of Maggie Thatchers appalling YTS scheme or slave labour as it should have been called, luckily I got offered a place at college doing a City & Guilds in Television Radio repair. However during the long 10 week hols I got an actual apprenticeship at Gee Joinery as a wood machinist.
So I spent 3 years there and at Burton College, where the beer is brewed...students and beer what could go wrong, I spent many a happy afternoon in The Dog drinking Bass and eating the best chip butties ever, as a matter of interest it was run and owned by Des Anderson (ex assistant manager of Derby County when they won the league in 1975 only team other than Liverpool to win League title twice in 70's)
When I had finished my apprenticeship Gee's announced they were re-locating to north Derbyshire so I had to find a new job which I did making saucepan handles it was so brain numbing after all the skills I had I quit within 3 days I then did temp jobs stepping in to help friends etc however this didnt help me with mortgage and in the end I had to sell the house I made £3k on it only to find out if I had kept it for another 6 months I would have made nearly £30k ahhh well.
In the end I started working at a place called DIPT which I hated it was too much hard sell and not what I liked at all in the end I again told them to shove the job. I then found work making pine furniture which I enjoyed even though the boss could be a cock but on the whole he was a good guy and worked bloody hard as hard as most of the workers and in most cases harder.
Then in 2000 in September my G/F wanted to return to work after the birth of our daughter so I decided to swap roles which is what I have done for past 10 years. In the 10 years I have qualified as a Reflexologist, Swedish Body Massage, Indian Head massage,become a director of 2 community based businesses and a trustee of charity too. Now I am looking for work in community based project and I have a level 5 qualification in community development (this is a hint if you have a job give it meeee) anyway thats my employment up to date
Popular Posts
-
Well here we go again I have previously ranted about the neighbours above me and yet again I'm ranting about them. Today its been non st...
-
So my plan this morning was to have a lie in thanks to me going into town Friday and get veg and meat. However my neighbours above me decide...
-
Well here we go again with his highness Cllr Harvey Jennings he forces through the refurbishment of the council house and then slashes like ...
-
well little about me I was born in Wirksworth Derbyshire and was bought up in the West End of Derby, where co-incidentally I now live whi...
-
Hello all, I am posting this so it can help people who are being hounded by these 'companies' I will point out that if you have d...
-
Well, we have started having problems with youths about 2 weeks ago they actually broke into our flats and where smoking the old rock n roll...
-
Well, parents evening last night and what a surprise daughter is ahead of where she should be in English was not surprised by that to be hon...
-
Hello all, well lets see if I can try and keep this blog up to date and current. I hope you enjoy my ramblings and incoherent rantings ove...
-
My dog decided that it was wake up time this morning at 6:45am he did this by dropping a chewed soggy tug toy on my head, he followed this u...
-
Well, not blogged for a while so thought I better update whats been happening with me.................not a lot LOL Well as you may know I...
Saturday, 8 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment